Monday, March 3, 2008

Yoked.


What is that almost imperceptible change at the top of this picture? That's right, it's ribbing. And what does that ribbing mean? That the body of my fair isle yoke sweater is almost finished!

Fair Isle Yoke, we've been through a lot this year, and there were times when I was not sure that we would make it. But we stuck it out. I had faith in you, Fair Isle Yoke, and you stayed true to me. When I strayed, starting and finishing another cardigan while you were on the needles, you didn't say anything. When I became infatuated with another kind of yoked sweater, you were there, sitting on the arm of my couch, gently reminding me of the promise I had made to you, Fair Isle Yoke. And now, with only another inch of ribbing and two sleeves to go, I can see that you are truly the sweater for me, and I'm in it for the long haul. I may not finish you in time to wear you this winter, but we don't worry about transitory things like seasons. Ours is a love that transcends weather.

2 comments:

Stefaneener said...

I'm sure that the sweater will be faithful for the long haul, as will you (in the way that people with lots of sweaters can be).

Batty said...

Almost finished, that's always so exciting. Can't wait to see the FO!