Friday, March 28, 2008

Errata, and some huffiness

Since I neurotically check my blog stats, I noticed there was a little flurry of commentary about the eyelet yoke baby cardigan recently on livejournal. I have fixed a few superficial math errors in the pattern and reposted it. Thanks for the careful proofreading, people -- math is clearly not my strong suit.

I can't help but notice that the tone of a few of those comments was a little judgmental and huffy. I certainly don't claim to be posting free patterns that are perfectly proofread -- that's one of the reasons I offer them for free. I apologize for the confusion, but remember that I am human after all (meaning I make mistakes and also that I take comments to heart).

If you have a question or concern, please, email me and ask! I'm always totally happy to help you out!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, the eyelet cardigan is pretty! It's definitely going in my Ravelry queue.

Don't stress the negative comments or huffiness. No one really realises how hard it is to get the maths for patterns right until they've tried it themselves.

Jodi said...

Oh no! Thanks for posting errata, and for designing and sharing such lovely patterns.

Michelle, Queen Behind the Lens! said...

Eh, that discussion board tends toward the dramatic so often-- it's to be expected. Don't take it personally! Adorable baby sweater! Glad you reposted it or I would not have seen it! :)

lark8girl said...

I've loved this cardigan for months. Thank you so much for sharing the full pattern, I hadn't gotten the energy up to try to make up my own version. And thanks for posting the errata. I admire you "putting yourself out there!"