Saturday, January 26, 2008

tubular

Okay, I have to rip it out because it's the wrong size, but I needed to share this:


The gorgeous tubular cast-off I learned from TechKnitting.

Just look at that edge:


It's a thing of beauty. And stretchy? Like you wouldn't believe. In fact, so much so that I threaded in a little elastic (visible in the shot above) as I was kitchenering it closed, to make sure it would hold its shape (this is a neckband). What a difference a good finishing technique makes!

In fact, it was so much fun to learn this new finishing technique and have it turn out so lovely that I am looking forward to ripping it out so I can do it again!

3 comments:

Batty said...

Lovely edge! I think I may have to try out the tubular castoff.

Anonymous said...

Oh, very nice! I'd never really read what the tubular cast off consisted of so thank you for the link.

Stefaneener said...

I must learn that, obviously. Good to see you learning (and sharing!) such useful tidbits.