Friday, February 9, 2007

The wine-dark sea


Work has begun on a Bristow sleeve, knit with my Kool-Aid dyed teal yarn. I love the way the color variations and cables combine to ripple like ocean waves -- I think I have changed my mind on variegated yarn (or I guess I'd call this semi-solid color).

I started this project while watching the much-anticipated new episode of Lost last night, and I started with a sleeve, in the hope that I would not get stranded on sleeve island! It was perhaps not a perfect idea -- I had to concentrate a little too hard on the knitting, with the combination of sleeve increases and cable twists. But this is a really nice pattern so far! The cable is easy to remember and pretty intuitive to figure out by looking at. It's not the speediest knitting I've done, so I don't have a lot of progress to show:

No comments: