Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Squee!


A last-minute socktopus for my friend's baby's birthday. They invited me to dinner on Monday night, and I knit the whole thing on Sunday (it did take longer than I thought; I was up pretty late Sunday night).


Were I to knit it again, I think I'd do paired right- and left-leaning increases and decreases for some symmetry. I'm not super fond of the way those increases swirl across the top of the head.


The thing is even cuter than I thought it would be! Those tentacles were a little fiddly to knit, but so worth it! Just look at those adorable socks.

7 comments:

Batty said...

Oh, wow. I love your friendly socktopus! What a happy smiley toy, and so huggable.

ljlkc said...

This may be the best thing I've ever seen.

Hilarie said...

Wow, I need friends like you! All my baby gifts came from the store. I adore handmade presents.

Stefaneener said...

That is incredible! Lucky baby, lucky friends!

Knits For Needs said...

That may be the cutest thing I have ever seen! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Plainly adorable! It has been a long time since I saw a knit figure so cute and happy!

Blue Llama said...

I love the little socks he's wearing!!