Friday, July 4, 2008

Not knitting, but neato!

I made a dress!


This is my very first sewn outfit, and it came out pretty well, if I do say so myself. It was quite an ordeal: there was a lot of ripping and resewing as I figured stuff out. I am particularly proud of the invisible zipper, which looks quite professional. The top is not fitted quite as nicely as I'd like, but with only two darts I think it's the best I can expect. I'd like to get better at sewing and know how to alter patterns to fit me better. It's pretty fun, and definitely quicker than knitting, if messier and less easy to control.

3 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Looks GREAT. Sewing can feel like instant gratification. Reminds me -- I have a dress I need to make. Maybe by next winter. . .

Batty said...

Goodness, that's fabulous! You look stunning!

Rachel said...

That looks really great, and looks nice on you, too!