Monday, August 6, 2007

Fair isle, foul weather


Here's some lovely pattern to look at. The weather is gray and gross, the lighting mediocre. But the fair isle patterning is looking quite good, I think. About 2/3 of the yoke is now complete, and starting to look like something. Here's an underexposed shot from farther away, so the shape of the sweater is more apparent:


There's one more dark peerie pattern to go, then a strip of tan-background pattern to balance the one at the top, and I'm done. With the yoke, at least. I dread the miles and miles of stockinette in fingering-weight wool to come. But I am hopeful that looking at this gorgeous yoke will inspire me to push on through so I can wear it!

5 comments:

Delana said...

That is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

There should be some kind of support group for those of us stuck in stockinette hell.

That Fair Isle is gorgeous. My next project will be something similar I hope, but on baby scale.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Batty said...

Very pretty, and so even. I'm in awe of your amazing Fair Isling skills.