Friday, March 9, 2007

Sneak preview


I am already at work on the next sweater on my list -- recently it seems to be all about the cables with me. The current project is an attempt to recreate a vintage sweater my grandmother bought once on her one and only luxury shopping venture with a personal consultant -- it is a beautiful but very petite hand-knit tan cabled sweater with snake cables framing the button band and bust, and a fancy leaf extending from the bottom hem to just below the bust. The button band is knit in one piece with the fronts, and there is a cabled rib neckline and puffed sleeves. The cable pattern extends into the hemline ribbing, a detail I like a lot. I'm omitting the puffed sleeves and trying out some different cables, but I am keeping the fancy below-bust detail, which adds some nice shaping without any decreasing or increasing. Here is is one front, up to the end of the fancy cabling:


Meanwhile, I reblocked Bristow, and it fits me now to a T. It also regained some of its bounce. Lovely, lovely Bristow, how I adore thee...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooh, so many pretty cables. Bristow looks great, I love that you overdyed the yarn so now it is really a one of a kind sweater!

Stefaneener said...

So nice. I didn't know you'd overdyed it. I like the varigation. The recreated sweater project is very very cool, as is the story of your gran's personal shopper. They're just great.

Tara said...

So beautiful!