Saturday, March 31, 2007

Perfect Paula

Paula's sweater is finished! And if I do say so myself, it looks quite snazzy! It's not totally my style, and it doesn't fit me particularly well, but that's because it's my mom's style and is sized to fit her.

Okay, it's not 100% complete... the button bands in this picture are pinned closed. But that's because I am taking my time lavishing all the gourmet details on it -- grosgrain ribbons on the inside of the button bands and fancy shell buttons obtained on a special trip to M&J Trimmings. I hope she likes it!

Details:
Debbie Bliss Merino DK yarn, mauve (discontinued)
Size 6 Knitpicks Options needles
Pattern: original, vintage recreation
Begun: March 8, 2007
Finished: March 31, 2007

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That's lovely!! What a luxurious present.

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely gorgeous - I am so impressed - kudos :) your mom will love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work. I bet your mom will be very happy.

Batty said...

OMG, that's gorgeous! The color, the fit, the cables... it's incredible.

Thea said...

really beautiful. If you made this up, you should be designing patterns for a living! She'll love it.