Thursday, March 15, 2012

Another new pattern: Spotted Toadstool Beret!


The second of a number of new patterns is up on Ravelry!



Spotted Toadstool Beret. Cute, huh? Are you getting an idea of what the whole collection is about? This three-page pattern includes photos and written instructions for the spot stranded pattern and slip-stitch "gills." It's for baby (14.5" circumference), child (16" circumference), and large child/teen/small adult (18" circumference).


I had a dickens of a time getting the decreases for the beret shape to line up with the number needed for the repeat of the spot pattern. I think I've got it all right now, but if anyone feels like test knitting it in the smallest and/or largest size for me, I'd be happy to send you a free pattern (for the beret as well as the hedgehog mittens, or any other Looking Glass Knits for-sale pattern)! Just email me (my address is listed in the sidebar) and I'll send you the pdf's.

UPDATE: thanks to everyone who volunteered to test knit for me. Your help is much appreciated!

Ravelry download:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You HAVE been busy, what lovely creations!
Maria

Rachel said...

Oh that's SO cute!

amariakindofday.com said...

Have you given up knitting altogether?
Maria

Knitting Needle Conversion Charts said...

Wonderful! I love your design and the color combination. Thank you for your admirable talent. Please continue knitting lovely designs and inspire others for your great talent in knitting.

~A Maria-kind-of-day~ said...

I hope you come back with your creative inspiration. Some of us sure miss you, and your stories.
Maria