Monday, April 9, 2007

Stash augmentation

A trip to Syracuse to visit my parents (see "Success!" post below) also meant a trip to the cheapest and best yarn store I know -- "In-Stitches," which is run out of the basement of a friend of my mom's. Donna stocks all the good quality yarns, in really beautiful colors, and charges about 2/3 the price I've seen at any other yarn store, in NYC or on the web.

My haul:
14 balls of Karabella Aurora 8 in a really nice rust color to make the Cable-Down Raglan from IK Spring '07
12 balls of Lana Grossa Merino Big in olive green to make a variation on the Cardigan for Arwen from IK Winter '06
10 balls of Jo Sharp DK wool in burgundy and black to make this Louisa Harding sweater
3 balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino to make a Chinese-themed baby sweater
(on order) 7 balls Brown Sheep Naturespun fingering to make a Shetland yoke cardigan

The grand total: less than $250! This was mostly a gift certificate left over from Christmas, so I only spent $45. Pretty good!!

The sexy yarn shot:

No comments: