Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hopeful yoke


School and work pressure has lifted (however temporarily), and knitting can resume! I've been working away on a new design for that sweater for my friend's granddaughter.


It's really, as all my patterns are, a variation on a theme -- the new element for me this time is the yarn, which, being a cotton blend, seems less well suited to fair isle knitting than my standby superwash wool. Therefore, the yoke pattern I cooked up is decidedly simpler than previous fair isle yokes I've done.


And it's a hopeful yoke -- those coral-colored tulips on a muddy brown ground are a wish for spring from the midst of February doldrums.



I'm working on writing it up as I go, this time in three different sizes. That's a first for me too!

Meanwhile, the red socks are one toe away from completion. My parents are going to be here tomorrow, and I'm hoping I can finish knitting right now and block overnight, so my mom can wear these puppies pronto!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Love the sweater. The colors are just gorgeous.

twigletqueen said...

Very cute, the little cartoon tulips make me smile :D

Rachel said...

Love the sweater! That's a fabulous name, too!

Sereknitty said...

Pretty sweater -- looks very 'springy'and hopeful!